Enhanced surface tubes
Optimised heat transfer for your shell-and-tube heat exchanger
The enhanced surface tubes made by Wieland Thermal Solutions have been optimized for use as condenser or evaporator tubes in shell-and-tube heat exchangers used in the refrigeration and air-conditioning industry. These can be designed to be much more compact, saving you energy, installation space, and materials.
GEWA-C and Turbo-C condenser tubes
Thanks to their functional surface enhancements, the outsides of the GEWA-CLF tubes offer optimal drainage performance for condensed refrigerants. Coupled with an ideally matched inner tube surface, optimum heat transfer coefficients can be achieved. GEWA and TURBO Condenser Tubes are available with outer and inner surfaces adapted for specific needs of your application.
- C5 – For highest performance and efficiency
- C+SL/LW – For weight optimized alternatives as a "drop-in" solution
- CLF – For seawater & applications with increased fouling tendency
- CPL – For applications with high fouling tendency
- C – The original condenser tube
- CSL – Efficient and lightweight
- CLF – For low fouling applications
- NCT – For large capacity chillers
- CPT – High efficiency in ferrous alloys
GEWA-B, PB and Turbo-B/E evaporator tubes
The functional enhancements of the outer surfaces of the GEWA-B, PB, and Turbo-B/E tubes have been optimized for bulk boiling of refrigerants and similar fluids. Coupled with ideally matched surfaces on the inside of the tubes, optimum heat transfer coefficients can be achieved. GEWA and TURBO Evaporator Tubes are available with outer and inner surfaces adapted for specific needs of your application.
- B5 & B6 – For highest performance and efficiency
- B4HSL – For weight optimized alternatives as a "drop-in" solution
- BHV – For media with high viscosities
- BLF | BPL – For media with high viscosities
- B – The original boiling tube
- ESP – Efficient and lightweight
- EHPII – The industry standard boiling tube
- EPT – High efficiency in ferrous alloys
We offer you a broad portfolio of materials and can expand our offerings at any time to meet your specific needs regarding thermal conductivity, mechanical properties, or corrosion resistance. Enhanced surface tubes made by Wieland Thermal Solutions are already available in copper, copper-nickel, steel, stainless steel, and titanium.
Your contact persons
Your benefits at a glance
- Significantly higher heat transfer coefficients than for plain or low finned tubes
- Heat exchangers with a more compact and lightweight design
- Dramatically reduced fill levels (e.g., refrigerant volumes)
- Ultimate efficiency with minimal temperature differences
- Precise thermal design with ThermalS